Wednesday, March 6, 2013



Ok, so I have to rant for a moment. I had my first son at 16 years old and got married to his father 6 weeks before he was born. He had a decent job because he was 5 years older, and we paid for delivery up front. We paid the remainder on a payment plan over the next 18 months, even with a complicated delivery. My baby was healthy and happy and had both parents. I graduated high school early when my son was 17 months old. The only help we had was my mother let us live with her for 5 months until we could save for an apartment.
After graduating high school, I had my second son at 19. We had our own insurance and paid for everything in monthly payments. I had my daughter when I was twenty. She was covered by insurance, and we paid the rest in monthly payments, never going on government aid except getting WIC for 4 months when my husband got laid off from work. Stereotypes suck! ALL 3 of my kids graduated high school. All 3 of my kids have gone to college, one graduated, and the other two will be done soon. My oldest is an engineer and my middle one will work for Edward Jones as a financial advisor. My daughter has a dual degree in PR and Advertising she is wrapping up. I finish my Master's degree next May in Education, but have been a pediatric ICU Respiratory Therapist for 15 years. My husband is starting his third year of college to earn a Mechanical Engineering degree since he has done that work for twenty years, but would like the degree. Last year our combined income was over $150,000. 

All teenaged moms don't fail! These kids are a gift from God at any age and not mistakes! If you are a teenaged mom that isn't making it work, shame on you! You can have whatever you dream, you just have to get off of your butt! No one owes anyone anything!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment